About the project
Most public schools especially in rural areas lack basic infrastructure for instance classrooms, libraries, laboratories among others. This denies learners an opportunity to be competitive nationally.
Safaricom Foundation has through the Pamoja scheme has invested in public schools across the country to provide basic infrastructure such as dormitories, science laboratories, classes, toilets, libraries and offices. We have in the months of September 2016 and October 2016 handed over projects worth Kshs. 14million for 12 Pamoja projects across the country.
Among the schools that have benefitted are: –
- Abothuguchi Boys Secondary in Meru County- received a fully equipped e-learning center with 30 desktop computers and system networking.
- Wayara Primary in HomaBay County received lockers.
- Togomin Secondary in Sotik County received a standard classroom and 10 refurbished computers
- Kitumui Primary School in Kitui County benefitted from a library
- Muirigo Primary School, Kiambu County- Library
- Makutano Primary School, Laikipia County- classroom
- Sikulu Primary School, Kakamega County- construction and furnishing of a library
- Kerugoya Girls High School, Embu County- renovation of a laboratory and office
- Mur Mulanga Primary School in Siaya County- renovation of four classrooms
- Mwer Boys High School in Siaya County- construction of a bathroom and a latrine block as well as new double decker steel beds
- DEB Embu Urban Integrated Primary School in Embu County- repair of all windows and purchase of 380 desks and lockers.
- Njiiri School, Murang’a County- Computer Laboratory Equipment